5 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz February update published March 6th, 2020 ( Updated to NTM Ed4 [026-027] 21/02/2020 & NTM Ed5 [028-030] 06/03/2020 )
- NZ68 Nugget Point to Raratoka Island (Centre Island)
- NZ542 Motiti Island to Pehitari Point new edition
- NZ632 Banks Peninsula new edition
- NZ4423 Kawhia Harbour new edition
- NZ7625 Thompson Sound and Doubtful Sound/Patea
Today NZ Linz charts (188 charts / 329 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.