12 charts has been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz February update published March 8, 2019 (Updated to NTM Edition 4, February 22th, 2019)
- NZ53 Bream Head to Slipper Island including Hauraki Gulf
- NZ532 Approaches to Auckland
- NZ533 Firth of Thames
- NZ955 Plans of the Cook Islands southern sheet
- NZ5212 Plans between Whangamumu and Omaha Cove
- NZ5227 Goat Island to Waiwera River
- NZ5321 Mahurangi Harbour to Rangitoto Island
- NZ5322 Auckland Harbour East
- NZ5324 Tamaki Strait and Approaches including Waiheke Island
- NZ5325 Tamaki River
- NZ5327 Waiheke Island to Coromandel Peninsula
- NZ7142 Greymouth Harbour and Approaches
Today NZ Linz charts (187 charts / 329 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.