12 charts have been updated & 2 new charts added in the GeoGarage platform
Linz November update published December 10th, 2021
Updated to NTM Ed18 [51-52] 03/09/2021) / NTM Ed19  17/09/2021 / NTM Ed20 [54-56] 01/10/2021 / NTM Ed21 [57-59] 15/10/2021 / NTM Ed22 [60-62] 29/10/2021 / NTM Ed23 [63-66] 12/11/2021 / NTM Ed24 [67-68] 26/11/2021/ NTM Ed25 [69-70] 10/12/2021
- NZ22 INT 639 Kermadec Islands to East Cape
- NZ252 Lake Wakatipu
- NZ541 Mayor Island to Okurei Point
- NZ542 Motiti Island to Pehitari Point
- NZ5215 Whangarei Harbour
- NZ5217 North Island - East Coast - Port Whangarei
- NZ5219 Approaches to Marsden Point
- NZ5412 Port of Tauranga
- NZ5413 Approaches to Tauranga
- NZ6155 Queen Charlotte Sound / Tõtaranui Northern Approaches
- NZ7623 Bligh Sound to Caswell Sound
- TO401 Northern Haíapai Group new chart
- TO402 Southern Haíapai and Nomuka Groups new chart
- TO404 Approaches to Lifuka
Today NZ Linz charts (189 charts / 334 including sub-charts) are displayed in the GeoGarage platform.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- SailGrib Android on the Google Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.
Further details are included in the Annual New Zealand Notices to Mariners, No.1 which can be found in the New Zealand Nautical Almanac (NZ 204) and on the LINZ website.