12 charts has been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz November update published December 14, 2018 (Updated to NTM Edition 24, November 30th, 2018)
- NZ52 Cape Brett to Cuvier Island
- NZ53 Bream Head to Slipper Island including Hauraki Gulf
- NZ55 Cape Runaway to Table Cape
- NZ512 Cape Karikari to Cape Brett
- NZ532 Approaches to Auckland
- NZ541 Mayor Island to Okurei Point
- NZ5121 Cavalli Passage
- NZ5124 Plans in the Bay of Islands
- NZ5125 Bay of Islands
- NZ5324 Tamaki Strait and Approaches including Waiheke Island
- NZ5411 Tauranga Harbour, Katikati Entrance to Mount Maunganui
- NZ5413 Approaches to Tauranga
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 326 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.